JUNE 2012 is AFLC Home Missions Promotion Month!
Pastors, elders, church leadership team...we want to help you spread a vision and understanding for the work of Home Missions. Check out the following ideas for promoting Home Missions in your congregation.
>>Develop A Vision
- Preach and teach missions, foreign AND home.
- Highlight Home Mission articles in the Lutheran Ambassador magazine.
- Promote regular mission festivals.
- Encourage personal visits from Home Mission pastors and congregations.
- Encourage church members to visit Home Missions headquarters in Plymouth, MN. We love visitors and it gives us opportunity to share what is going on.
- Invite Home Mission ambassadors to share in your church, Sunday School, or small group. Our dynamic "Come Join Us" presentation captures the essence of Home Missions in an interactive format for all ages.
- Select a Home Missions contact person in your congregation to keep updated on the work, advances, and prayer requests in Home Missions.
- Encourage people to sign up for Knee Mail. Hang up a copy each week on your church Mission Board.
- Make Home Mission prayer cards available on your church resource table. Contact our office, and we can mail a package of them to you.
- Adopt a Home Missions congregation. We have congregations that would love to build relationships with a mature congregation.
- Correspond regularly with your adopted pastor and his family.
- Pray for specific needs in your adopted Home Mission congregation.
>>Lend a Helping Hand
- Organize a building crew to help Home Missions congregations with construction of new facility.
- Offer to share such things as your choir concert, family night programs, etc. with your adopted Home Missions congregation.
- Include Home Missions in your church or personal budget.
- Check our donation page for a list of the most current special projects. As a special project sponsor you not only receive a tax deductible receipt, but a follow-up letter, sharing how your gift was used towards the project and it's Kingdom impact.
- Share a special offering once a year during Home Missions promotion month.
“Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.” (Colossians 3:17)